In about a month I will be 18. I will be an adult. And the thought terrifies me.
I like being 17. I’m not going to lie. I know you all think I’m crazy, but the truth is I feel that 17 is the perfect age. You can still be a kid and deny the fact that you’re growing up, but you still can be responsible and make your own decisions. I love this age. It’s exactly how I want to live my life.
Me at 17. All happy and grown up and living life!
But with the impending end of my childhood, I have taken time to think back on 17. What I enjoyed, what I didn’t, and what I learned. Each year teaches you something new, and this year I feel like I learned so much, especially with foreign travel and lots of other grown up experiences filling up my year. I made friends, I lost friends, I lost part of myself, I found part of myself. One thing that has always bothered me is that I don’t have any older siblings to impart their knowledge, to tell me tips that will get me through tough stages of my life. This blog is my way of being an older sibling to my readers. We all deserve someone giving us advice, and now I want to share my advice of 17 to those who have yet to reach this stage. So, if nothing else, you will learn something about how I become the person I am right now. But I hope you learn these lessons before you have to learn them the hard way.
17-year-old Morgan Gives 17 Life Lessons
1. You are only as good as you allow yourself to be
2. A clean room can make all the difference
3. You can survive when a loved one passes
4. Friends are people that stick by you no matter what
5. Putting people down only makes you look worse
6. You have to let the little things slide
7. You don’t have to change for anyone but yourself
8. If you are happy with your size, so should everyone else
I am happy with the size I am. And that’s all that matters.
9. Doing good can only make you feel better
10. The Internet is not the place to leave your snide remarks
11. True friends are people who join in with you, not jeer at you
12. Take pride in your little accomplishments. They are worth something
13. Laugh at yourself. It’s the only way to keep a level head
Yeah, I laugh at the fact that we dressed up like One Direction. It’s hilarious!
14. A relationship is not necessary to be happy
15. You can like whatever you want, no one is able to stop you
16. One smile is all you need to change your mood
17. Living, laughing, and loving are the ways to fully embrace life
And those are the things I learned this year. They are life lessons to remember, that will keep you level-headed and happy. This year was a bit tumultuous, but knowing these now, I won’t make the mistakes I did in the past year.
I hope these bring you wisdom!
Stay class Internet,