Happy birthday to me!
I am now at the ripe age of 21, which means I now plan on having wine parties during my cheesecake parties. Other than that, not much else of my life will change. I’m still the same ol’ Morgan, just a year older and a whole lot wiser than April 25, 2015.
As I like to do on my birthday, I have compiled a list of lessons I have learned in the last year. They are things that I think are not only important for me as a growing person, but things that I believe we all need a reminder of as we grow older. Each year I learn so many beautiful life lessons and it would be a shame not to share them with the world, so instead of y’all giving me a present, I’m giving you 20 present pieces of advice!
For 20, it was definitely a year. It was my first year with a boyfriend, first year of me watching friends get married, a year of finding the socializing I prefer, and struggling with my mental health from interpersonal relationships and life happenings. Being 20 wasn’t the easiest thing on the planet, but it taught me so much about myself and others. At 21, while I barely know anything compared to others, I feel like I now know myself a lot better and what I want out of life. And I hope that by April 25, 2017 I will have kept to following the guidelines I’m setting for myself now.
Who’s ready to learn what 20 taught me?
20 Things I Learned at 20
At 20, I finally discovered dark lipstick and I don’t think I could ever go back. It was truly a phenomenal year, Enthusiasts!
1. Surround yourself with people who care and throw out the people who make you feel icky about yourself. When you do that you will be surrounded with people who love and support you and aren’t trying to bring you down
2. Never feel bad because you aren’t doing what others are doing
3. A little travel can do everything for your mood
4. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened
5. Continually strive to make healthy choices in life
6. Dance every day
7. Stop trying to get back at people
8. Appreciate the people that stand by you. They’re there for a reason
9. Don’t be afraid to laugh when you think it’s funny
10. Trust your gut. Every. Single. Time.
11. Get in the kitchen more
12. You can’t force people to love you
13. Step out of your comfort zone once a week for new opportunities
14. Don’t let people walk all over you
15. Cutting yourself off from indulgences brings less meaning and prosperity to your life
16. Wear that dress on a random Tuesday. You look amazing
17. If your relationship doesn’t work out, don’t beat yourself up. The person you’re meant to be with is still out there
18. If someone doesn’t forgive you for something small they probably don’t care about you too much
19. Chocolate is always a smart choice
20. Never forget there are people who love you
Thank you for following me for the past year, and I hope you’ll follow my adventure of 21!
Stay classy, Internet,
FIND MORGAN ON THE WEB
BETTER BLOGGER NETWORK: